NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first Moon shots

maltrabob

Some Moon pictures that I got when trying to setup my C8" last year. They were taken with telescope`s corrector plate quite heavily covered by mist and by holding my old digital camera (Canon Digital Ixus 40) in my hand to the eyepiece. All pictures were resized from original size of 1600x1200 to a smaller size of 800x600 using IrfanView. The following two pictures were taken on 2nd October 2010 using basic 10mm eyepiece.

SGL1s.jpg

SGL2s.jpg

The following three pictures are showing the same region on the Moon using three different Hyperion eyepieces - 17mm, 8mm and 3.5mm. Taken on 25th October 2010.

SGL5s.jpg

SGL6s.jpg

SGL7s.jpg

And finally two shots taken on 25th November 2010. I am sorry but I don`t remember any details as to what eyepiece and filter I used. The only thing I remember is that I was very surprised when I downloaded those pictures from a camera to my PC and saw them on the screen. Taking into account that the telescope was not auto-guided, the corrector plate was misty and the camera was held in my hand I was really amazed by them.

SGL3s.jpg

SGL4s.jpg

Archived