NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

C9.25 focuser upgrade with motor control.

Hello everyone, I'm looking to upgrade the focuser system on my C9.25. I've been looking at one of these, http://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog/Baader_Steeltrack_SCT_Crayford_Focuser.html,

But I'm open to any suggestions, I think that I'd like to be able to add a motor control, so that I can control any vibration down to a minimum. I know that Moonlight sell these, First Light Optics - MoonLite CS Dual Rate SCT Crayford Focuser with standard 2 inch thread

But its a lot more expensive than the Baader one, is there so much difference in the quality to justify the price difference?

Or there is this Feather Touch MicroFocuser, Starlight Instruments Feathertouch Microfocuser Celestron CPC925Is Is it possible to attach a motor control system to any of the above systems, which one is the best and most practical one to go for?

Thank you.

Archived