Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Antares region nebulosity.

ollypenrice

For anyone who might be tempted, this is the cheapest I found :).

(If I didn't already have a 180/f3.5, I'd be tempted...!)

That's a great price. I paid 500 puonds for a used one from London Camera Exchange. If ever I get an 11 meg camera I will sell it on but for now, for large targets, it is a godsend.

Olly

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh found this on Smugmug, great shot. Good job mixing the two set ups, and as smeone said above there is a lovely chocolateness to it. I think its too low to bin the colour which is a shame as it doesn't peak abobe the trees for too long.

Tom.

Ahh found this on Smugmug, great shot. Good job mixing the two set ups, and as smeone said above there is a lovely chocolateness to it. I think its too low to bin the colour which is a shame as it doesn't peak abobe the trees for too long.

Tom.

Cheers Tom.

Re the chocolate, Paul pointed out the Enhance Dark Structures feature in Pixinsight's Utilities and it did a great job. Recommended.

BTW, Antares was better in the 200L lens than in the Tak, though that might have been the seeing last year, so we kept the lens version. We did separate stretches for the bright stas though and layered them in. Very easy.

Olly

I like the 6 vein spikes (well flares really) from the lens, it seems more natural to me than the 4 star spikes from Newts, RC's or even those added in.

i wanted 3 hrs per colour per channel, but with weather and it falling away now at twilight, I might have to pull back on the time. I'm still watching the finances but I think I'll go for the PixInsight I've seen enough from the demo version to grab me.

T.

Archived