Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Loose glob

Demonperformer

At the moment I feel I am rather marking time with my imaging, until I can get an eq mount at the end of the summer (as judged by the calendar, not the weather:D). However, just to keep my hand in, here is a shot from last night of a loose globular cluster in Libra; NGC 5897.

Thanks for looking

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, from my front garden. 102SLT with modded canon 1000D + CLS Clip filter. 36x 20s subs (ISO 1600) with 20 darks.

Then it clouded over and shortly after I had got everything inside, the deluge started (ok, only lasted about 5 minutes, but during that time it was like the atlantic ocean being poured through a sieve!) It was not actually visible on the preview screen of any of the subs, but, having plotted out the surrounding bright(er) stars in the area, I was confident it would be there somewhere. I often find that is the only way with some objects. Roll on the days when I can take 10 minute subs and can actually see what I want to image.

Archived