NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

One shot colour or mono

martin_h

First impression:

Where do you get skies like that????

Here in Eastern Canada, we've been under lousy conditions for 8 months! (I've been an amateur astronomer for only 10 months, so for most of my "career" so far has been real slim pickins!)

I WAS proud of my one blurry pic of Orion's trapezium.

Now...

Congratulations! Fantastic work.

I'm jealous as H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks!

I found that same images when I was thinking, why not just go OSC (QHY8)!! There should be a huge disclaimer in that post: RESULTS MAY VARY :)

I ended up selling it and getting a mono CCD. Save yourself the long term grief and just go mono, you will get so much more flexibility from your imaging you won't regret it

The only downside is the cost of filters plus filter wheel which can make you eyes water

I found that same images when I was thinking, why not just go OSC (QHY8)!! There should be a huge disclaimer in that post: RESULTS MAY VARY :icon_eek:

I ended up selling it and getting a mono CCD. Save yourself the long term grief and just go mono, you will get so much more flexibility from your imaging you won't regret it

The only downside is the cost of filters plus filter wheel which can make you eyes water

:) I didnt say it was easy....just (in theory) possible.

Thanks Chris. I saw that last night just after my post and wondered how long it would be before someone else spotted it lol!

Unfortunately its still not close enough, a mans got to have something in life to strive for otherwise it would be pointless :-)

Archived