Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Registax alignment area edges visible?

Hi All, sorry if this is answered elsewhere. I did a search, but couldn't turn anything up.

I have just got a flashed SPC880 with IR/UV block filter. Using this with my 150P I had a quick go at a moon mosaic last night. This was just technique practise rather than hoping for a wonderful image.

When I ran the avi's through Registax 6, I have got loads of really obvious hard edges to the alignment areas. I did a 'realign with processed' step and some of them went away but I would like to know how to get rid of them all together?

Have I got a box checked/unchecked somewhere? Or am I being too aggressive with the wavelets?

Thanks for any help you could offer.

post-18573-133877614484_thumb.jpg

Registax 6 has that problem that if the frames aren't that he may align them incorrectly (he thinks that one part moves in another direction than another). If so try Registax 5. I had such problems with some solar images - R6 is cool but only on good frames :)

For Moon best is to use IR passing filter, and not plain IR/UV cut - that will limit seeing influence.

I found that removing the harsh edges from each image first, before building the mosaic avoids this sort of problem. You also need to make sure each image is wavelet processed in a similar way.

Dave

Thanks Chaps.

I had another go using R5.1 and I think this has turned out much better. Certainly the 'hedge rows' around the alignment areas are not there.

I saved the wavelets settings once I was happy with the first pane so that I could be sure to get similar processing on each :)

Will try again properly now. I know I should have taken the IR/UV filter out, but I had it in place with a barlow to start with and when I removed the barlow to get a bigger field I forgot about the filter :(

post-18573-13387761457_thumb.jpg

Archived