NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

my first wide field piggybacked image

hi all this is my first wide field image, its of hurcules constallation around m13, i was hoping that maybe i could pick this out as well but dont think i had enough focal lengh, please can you comment on whether i would be able to pick this out and how the image has come out. all critasim welcome and incouraged, this is such a long learning curve all help is most welcome.

the setup used is a canon 300d 35-70mm lens shot at 5.6 aperture 35mm.

exposures were a total of 4. 2min at 100iso. 9 min at 100iso. 5min at 400iso and 3min at 400iso

this was piggybacked on a skywatcher 130/900 eq2 mount with a RA motor.

many thanks all post-26172-133877614452_thumb.jpg

Ive no experiance with astrophotography but to me the first image looks good and the second looks really good, in fact considering thats a first attempt youve convinced me that i might want to have a pop at widefield when im more experienced at using my scope.Im still struggling with getting it out of the box so it might be a while:iamwithstupid:

Archived