Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just checking to make sure I'm picking the right stuff to use my DSLR.

benjy85pb

After getting my DSLR (Canon 1100D) and having used it for a little bit, I'm now looking in to what I need to use it with my scopes. After a bit of research I believe these two items are what I need:

First Light Optics - T Rings

First Light Optics - FLO 1.25-inch T mount camera adapter

Obviously I'll need to select the appropriate sub-catagory i.e. Canon EOS fitting. All I need to know is if I've chosen the items I need? Don't want to go ordering something I don't need or something!

Cheers

Ben

Those will be exactly what you need to start, then the wireless shutter release, the guidescope, guide camera, laptop, light pollution filters, extra T-adapter that you can insert eyepieces into..etc etc etc

Ahh its an almost never ending list, but something you're going to really enjoy, good luck! :)

Lol I won't be going that indepth with my astro imaging. I'm happy to stick with my over-glorified afocal stuff and just visual observations. :-)

Good to know those are the right items. Will order those soon. :-)

Well at the moment I'm sort 50/50 with my two scopes, so if I can't focus it on the Evostar then I've still got the Mak. But that's assuming I don't run in to that problem with that!

As for the 2 inch adaptor, what would I need to use that one my scopes? Seeing as they only use the 1.25 inch bits. Been browsing the stores and I can't see anything suitable... well not to my eyes anyway!

You should find the Mak has a direct T thread to I believe. The Skymax 102 does. The Mak will be good for single shots of the moon (but daylight moons are going to show major vignetting).

Archived