Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What motor / motors ???

Hi, for photography using a DSLR on my eq3-2, would i need the dual or single axis drives please ?

The motor / motors will be purely used for tracking dso's for photography.

Thanks in advance

Al

OK, you do not need both, but you do need to move the scope in both RA and Dec.

The motor that you do need is the RA. Then to centre the target you have to use the manual control for Dec, while holding the handset for the RA so that you can move the scope in RA. All this time you are looking through the scope eyepiece.

The motors will be quicker, they are smoother, manual adjustment causes shake of the scope and mount much more then motors. Meaning that you adjust in Dec, wait for the shakes to stop then re-centre again. It will have moved off while the vibrations die down.

Sorry, but for the cost involved it just isn't worth the hassle that having just the one motor implies.

But save the small amount and have the problems. I have 2 eq mounts, that is why I said GET BOTH.

Archived