Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wide field - First Attempt

Hey

After seeing some of the amazing photos on here over the last few weeks I decided to have a go myself.

My aim was to get an hours worth of lights but the wind and fast moving cloud defeated me :)

I ended up with just:

4 x 120s lights @ ISO 400

6 x darks

I stacked in DSS and tried to process in Photoshop. Everything in the individual subs was so Orange, I did my best to remove it but does anyone have any good techniques for removing light pollution and is it best to do it prior to stretching the histogram or afterwards?

Any tips or advice for a beginner? I see the corners are very dark for some reason.

The bright star in the middle is Vega and I think there is a little hint of the Milky Way at the bottom?

Thanks

post-26486-133877613785_thumb.jpg

Hey dann,

An awesome first attempt! It is the milky way in the bottom of the photograph, I have just posted today an image I took of that region and can be found here: http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-widefield-special-events-comets/144595-widefield-milky-way-attempt.html

You can see the little triangle of stars in the center of my photograph is the same as yours with vega being just out of shot on mine....

If you wanna send me the original stacked file I could have a mess around to try and see what can be brought out?

Ste.

Archived