Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

yes.. another dirty mirror question...

hello all.

I think i know the answer to this already. but seeing as i'm starting to invest lots of money into this hobby i thought i'd better check with you anyway.

so! my primary mirror has been spotless since purchasing, i'm very careful when it comes to dust. However!

when viewing up on salisbury plain with a friend, we stopped on a quite dusty track and a car came whizzing by and i had very little time to cover it up.

this resulted in two or three very tiny, but noticeable bits of dirt on my primary mirror. you can see them without the need of a torch. - very annoyed!

should i be worried about the little specs? will it eat away at mirrors coating? or will washing it cause even more damage?

Im guessing that all newts have to be cleaned as some stage but i was hoping not to have to go down this road so soon after purchasing.

it doesn't make any different to the view at the moment, but i'm worried about leaving it.

Cheers :)

exactly... i have been so careful. every night it gets wrapped up into a heavy duty cover but i couldnt anticipate this.

it could be worse though.

A friend of mine has a 200p dob and he was unlucky enough to have a bird **&^ in his when viewing some aeroplanes! you shouldn't laugh really... but it's hard not too.

A friend of mine has a 200p dob and he was unlucky enough to have a bird **&^ in his when viewing some aeroplanes! you shouldn't laugh really... but it's hard not too.

Aye,very hard :)

Archived