Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Issue withSky Watcher Tank

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to lag, life sometimes demands I live it in a serial mode rather than parallel.

My experience has been to run the + and - lines from the charger/optimiser straight to the same input poles on the battery. Mine all have jumper cables, so I just clip the Battery Defender power out to the jumper cables, or, on my 35AH case, straight to the red/black posts.

Some power tank type units have circuitry on the charger input ports that can get in the way; direct is better. However, the charger ports also allow the freedom of a variet of connector ends. I personally try to avoid the middle muddle and go direct. However, the little secret is that if you have a cigarette socket output, you can cobble togeter a two headed plug and charge it from your automobile's lighter socket, or I also have a Radio Shack 12V cigarette socket kit and I can use the plug, connect the wire ends to the charger leads (make VERY certain the polarity is correct; mine is tip positive, but there is at least one mount manufacturer who uses tip negative. The smell of burning electrolyte is not pleasant) and put the plug into the power out socket of the tank.

Many ways to get the primary task done - using a quality charger/conditioner to directly communicate with the power tank or battery. A straight connection reduces the opportunity to cross the polarity.

Good Luck!

I purchased two, both of which turned out to be from the same manufacturer. The first, a Soneil 1206, I ordered directly from the Canadian company. I later order what turns out to be the same internals but called Battery Defender, a "house" marque of Batteries Plus. The price of each was lower than the cost of a new, high quality battery so after having two power tanks not last more than three years, it seems worth the investment. If you search on Soneil, and get to their home site, they have a distributor list. Also, the Optimiser mentioned above seems to be a great instrument as well.

Archived