Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My new setup......

bluesman81

Not sure if this is the place for this, but please excuse me if it isn't...

I purchased a Meade LX10 8 inch SCT with a mount that didnt work. It is though optically perfect. I have taken it of the forks. It also has a 9 x 50 finder scope on rings. Paid £150

Today, I purchased a Skywatcher EQ6 pro Synscan mount and tripod from Telescope house in Surrey. (Drove down there to get it) It was a ex-demo one and I got it for £700. They also gave me a lead to connect to my PC.

Had to also get a Power tank to power it.... Another £120

Ordered an ADM dovetail bar and radius blocks and also an Astrozap dew shield from FLO. £80, should be here in the morning. (I hope)

I also have a Meade off-axis guider and an illuminated reticule ep, my DSLR and also 2 SPC900NC webcams, one off which has had the long exposure mod done and also a cooling fan fitted.

Funny thing is, while me and the wife were at Telescope house, she found an ex-demo LS200 for £1,600 and said that if I hadn't got all this stuff already I could have had that!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is full of suprises, (But she didn't get it)

Now all I need is a clear sky, (like tonight), hopefully tomorrow and I can see what I can see............

Anyhow, anyone wanna buy a skywatcher 130m on an eq2 mount, all boxed. (make me an offer).

Also has anyone got any use for a non working LX10 set of forks with the hand controller, wedge and tripod. If anyone wants these and they are willing to collect them then they can have them. I dont want anything for them!

Regards and clear skies to one and all....

You are being very generous with your LX10 bits I got £100 for the same bits on A.B.S. Like you I have used the 8" SCT on a SynScan mount. I have 80 apo mounted alongside. I have just setup the EQMOD. It is proving a great mount. I hope it turns out as good for you.

Archived