Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Illuminated Reticles

Hi guys

im just about to shell out on an Illuminated Recticle and have settle on a Series 4000 Plossl 9 mm - Wireless

anyone used or have one of these? or would you recommend something else?

cheers

PS: Hurry the money is burning a hole in my pocket :)

I have a Meade 9mm illuminated reticle (with the double crosshairs)which I use for accurate star alignment (getting the Star to the centre of the eyepiece) when I do a Star align. To be honest, I think the 12mm would have been better for the job but my local supplier (Ace Cameras) only had the 9mm in stock at the time.

I think the 9mm might be the better option if you are going to use it for Star Drift Alignment though - I am sure other members will confirm.......or otherwise! :)

Yeah, shorter focal length is good for drift align. Stick a 9mm in a 2x barlow and you'll have astonishingly good alignment!

Sweeeeeet!!! That's answers my next question, does the quality of the Barlow matter? my eyepiece range is quite good so I never bought one

Cheers

Archived