NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Panaview 38mm / Aero 40mm size?

hi, hoping any owners could kindly take and post a quick measurement for the Skywatcher Panaview 38mm and the Aero ED 40mm.

I have a space in my case 100mm depth by 70mm width and want to know which will fit, without having to seperate all my gear for lugging around and storage :D

With my f/9 scope I'm plumming for the Panaview as the Aero is unlikely to be a noticeable improvement, but if the Panaview is as bulky as it looks I may have to go for the Aero (as ridiculous as it sounds to add size as a purchasing factor).

Have scoured the web to no avail - even tried the Skywatcher website but they don't list size dimensions for any of their EPs and bizzarrely do not even list the Aeros or Panaviews (is that right?).

Would also greatly appreciate any f9 scope owner views on both EPs too, I think both EPs will nicely frame M44 or M45 which is a good indicator....

cheers

hi,

no idea bout the aero, but i have the 38mm panaview, and it's big: 120mm long, but 77mm (ish) diameter at the eye end (with the eyecup down and caps on).

great piece though. i have nothing really to compare it to - i've never looked through a nagler or anything, but i love it. you can just wander around the milkyway with it. my scope is f6 by the way, so i would have thought it'd be good at f9 too.

That's great, thanks very much

I ordered the Panaview in the end so looks like I will be customising my case foam to make it fit (the space was occupied by the standard 28m which came with the scope).

I was kindly loaned an excellent 32mm EP last night to tour the milky way, so really looking forward to this Panaview.

That's me done for EPs now.....I hope!

Panaview arrived today, and it is indeed huge and a lot more heavier than any other ep I've used, owned or loaned. hope it does'nt tip the scope and mount over lol

looks very well made and looking forward to trying it out this weekend

Archived