Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Photoshop or Pixinsight

JohnnyD333

Hello once again,

Just ordered a trial version of Pix, havent tried it yet but Im wondering what everyone feels is best for AP. I can get a discount on Photoshop but Pixinsight has a free trial so Ill give it a go. Any preferences out there. Thanks

JD

Personally I simply can't do everything in just one or the other, though that arises from lack of experience in Pix, perhaps. You get diehard advocates for both, some asserting a huge advantage of one over the other. In my view PI has some great tools but so does Photoshop and, while Ps is complex, the interface is less obscure. I can imagine the day when I use only PI but it is a long way off at the moment. But where I can understand it - it's brilliant!

Olly

I would agree with Olly here. I use PI quite a lot now and is perfect for getting out the astro components of a picture. Once you have the astro processing done, photoshop is perfect for the finalization into the final picture to be imaged.

So I say both, PI for the astro component and PS for the presentation and finalisation.

If you had only one choice and the cost was the same, i would got for PS all the time as it has many uses outside astro and is more than capable with the right plugins.

Archived