Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Antares SCT/ Newt dual speed Crayfords.

Well i had a chance to use the new crayford 10:1 micro focuser, new 2" revelation 30mm eyepiece, green lazer pointer mount/holder and the drag adjuster for the scope (which is now painted) all work very well. The pointer with the added springs now stays true, and with a heavy eyepiece the drag adjuster gives the scope just the right amount of movement. The Revelation eyepiece gave better than expected views of the moon and at 70`the double cluster is all easily in the FOV if a little washed out by the moon! I have seen the focuser for £125 mine was from scopes `n` skies for £70 and + SPA discount of 10%. It was ordered 7th DEC 06 and turned up mid FEB 07 was my Xmas present, but the wait was worth it. Very smooth and fitted the original OO base plate which I left in place. Fitting took under 5 mins :lol: collimation with my new Cheshire (which is now spot on) has given me some first rate views :D Orion

Archived