Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

eq 2 mount skywatcher 130

hi can anyone help me please i have a skywatcher 130 with a eq2 mount and never really got to grips with all of the instructions ( you know the man thing ) anyway i put my instuctions away in a safe place that safe i can't find it when i take it out side do i set the ra and dec to zero before finding polaris and then take it from there if not can someone explain in simple terms as i am a simpleton what do i do many thanx jimmythemoonlight:)

you can also download the intructions from the sky watcher website

i bought my scope second hand with no manual, so downloaded it from there easy as pie

if you cant find it give me a shout and ill find a link for you

stick

many thanx everyone the info given was brill sorted out all my probs the only thing i need to know is how to realign my rdf so any help would be a weight off my mind thanx again jimmythemoonlight

To align your red dot finder, set your scope up in daylight, you might need to leave til dusk to see the red dot, then point your scope at a distant object, something like a pylon top, church spire or such like. When you have this in the centre of your low power eyepiece change to a high power EP and re-centre. Now get your finder aligned to your target.

To get your finder spot on align to a bright star, Polaris is good because it doesn't move, and refine your alignment.

Remember that the better you align your finder the easier it makes finding objects.

HTH

Archived