NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Coronado PST Solar Telescope

The Coronado PST Solar Telescope is available again from First Light Optics :)

Latest model with increased contrast and image brightness.

CoronadoPST.jpg

The Coronado Personal Solar Telescope (PST) is the world's most popular solar telescope with a 1.0 angstrom hydrogen-alpha (Ha) bandpass filter that reveals the dynamic, ever changing prominences at the edge of the Sun as well as filaments and other surface details.

Features a 40mm dedicated Ha optical system, 30mm internal etalon primary blocking filter, incorporated focuser, bandpass fine adjustment controls and built in solar viewfinder.

Mounting options include use on a regular photo tripod (scope is threaded for a standard camera 1/4-20 mounting bolt).

Nice addition :)

One less excuse for not buying one now... trouble is we dont get a clear view of the sun for several months each year and thats even without the clouds..

I really want to get one someday as I have the donor scope for the PST mod already - well its out on loan at the moment to stop me spending...

No problems. Thank you guys.

The timing was pretty much perfect I had been looking at these for a little while, plus the wife says it can be an early b'day present. :)

• 3 weeks later...

The original model had some teething troubles, the lens coatings were particularly troublesome. We actually stopped selling them. This new model has apparently undergone a number of enhancements, the only one I understand is that it has new coatings which do not corrode. Otherwise the changes are internal and designed to increase brightness and contrast and to make it easier to manufacture to a consistent standard.

Since we reintroduced them we have received only positive feedback and zero returns, so they must have got it right :)

Archived