Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn - 12th May

hayju01

Having only recently purchased an EQ mount I am still not ofay with the alignment but after three attempts it was right on the money tracking Saturn for a good 5 mins. Unfortunately with 3 alignments and some DSO observing the cloud was quickly aproach and the turbulence ahead of the cloud had reduced the image I was now getting of Saturn.

Put I had tweaked my red/blue on my SPC900 setting as someone on here had suggested (sorry forget who) and was getting good enough images on my lappy screen.

Here's the result, I also include a stacked image tajken with IR Filter suggestion on what i should do with it most welcome?

post-24560-133877604288_thumb.jpg

post-24560-133877604285_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Justin

IR filter? looks like Ir/UV cut (there are also IR-pass filters). The image is bit under-exposed. Both images seem to suffer noticably from atmospheric dispersion and/or from not blocked blue/UV haze (blue/red edge)

So you have a clasic Ir/UV cut (with maybe passing more on the UV side). With/without filter shouldn't change the exposure time that much, and it's good to have one to kill part of the blue haze.

When setting exposure time look at the histogram in the capture software (should be somewhere). You should fit in the 60-90% range of histogram fill.

Archived