Megrez 110ED Apo.

As anyone heard any reports of this new Williams scope ?

It might prove to be a good all round scope.

SPEC

110mm ED lens, F5.95 (655mm FL), 2.5 ins rotating focuser, 2 speed Crayford, CNC rings & ali. case. £849.99

Thinking of getting this scope to replace the current two I have. I seem to do as much imaging as visuals these days and it's got an ideal FL for most photo objects. If it's a Wiiliams I presume it would take a reasonably high magnification for visuals as well ?

MD

If it's anything like the Megrez 90 then expect Skywatcher ED type performance and superb build quality. The only major difference that I know of is that the lens of the 110 uses an FPL-51 element wheas the 90 uses FPL-53- but if it's well enough figured I guess the difference would be insignificant.

John

John

Is it FPL-51 glass? I couldn't find the spec.

My Rev 80 ED has FPL-51 and that's very good.

Since my post I've looked at some images produced with the Megrez 110 and the Canon 350D and most seem pretty impressive.

Mmm - I might have to prise the piggy bank open soon !

MD

John

Is it FPL-51 glass? I couldn't find the spec.

My Rev 80 ED has FPL-51 and that's very good.

Since my post I've looked at some images produced with the Megrez 110 and the Canon 350D and most seem pretty impressive.

Mmm - I might have to prise the piggy bank open soon !

MD

Too be fair, it is being assumed to be FPL-51 as the spec is not specific - generally WO are specific where FPL-53 or Flourite has been used (as they are in the spec of the Megrez 90). I think the new Meade 80 and 127 apos are also FPL-51. If the lens has been well figured it probably won't make any difference to the image quality.

John

Archived