Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader Neodymium Light Pollution Filter Help

jnc71106

I found the effect of this is quite profound - both in visual and AP.

I use this filter stacked with a UV/IR cut - both with the stack on the 1.25" nose of my Baader hyperions and on the 1.25" nose of my camera.

Visually, the sky is very much darker and more objects pop out. It does slightly darken the sky but overall I noted a big improvement when viewing targets over the Hereford LP at SGL6.

It certainly helps with AP. You'll have less noise and I found the results great. Well worth it in my opinon if you don't have LP/UV/IR cut on the RGB or implied with narrowband (where the narrow band blocks the LP wavelengths).

Just one point about threading as I see you have Naglers.

Threading a filter onto an EP can strip away some the paint on the thread of the EP. When the EP is used without the filter, the bare metal can reflect light.

Some people use a threaded extension. That way the extension incurs the wear but the EP only incurs the standard EP grip on the outside of the barrel.

Just one point about threading as I see you have Naglers.

Threading a filter onto an EP can strip away some the paint on the thread of the EP. When the EP is used without the filter, the bare metal can reflect light.

Some people use a threaded extension. That way the extension incurs the wear but the EP only incurs the standard EP grip on the outside of the barrel.

Thanks for the advice but I have to use an extension with my scope anyway to get focus so the filter would be threaded onto the extension tube

I use a 2" one for my imaging and don't have any problems imaging galaxies, even quite faint ones with my unmodded Nikon from my well light polluted location.

Dave

I use a 2" one for my imaging and don't have any problems imaging galaxies, even quite faint ones with my unmodded Nikon from my well light polluted location.

Dave

Thanks I'm just waiting for it to arrive now. Looking at your images I can see it has been a wise purchase

Archived