Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Something falling from the sky!

At around midnight I was observing through my bedroom window with my bins as it was crystal clear last night and so beautiful.

I was looking northwards and all of a sudden something passed downward through my fov - I followed it down as far as I could. At first I thought it mnight have been a feather but to be honest it was falling a little too fast and straight for that. Wonder if it was something an owl had dropped? I didn't see where it landed as I was 3 flights up and couldn't go outside to investigate.

Very bizzare!

It is weird though as you are looking through bins up at the sky what moves through your fov - I saw quite a few satelittes buzzing around.

Brilliant isn't it? :p

We have bats nearby and in the early evening they're quite active. I haven't seen them when I've been using my binoculars or telescope but I know they're around :D

There are just sooo many satelites just after sunset when they're still in the sunlight.

Binocular astronomy is by far my favourite as it has no set up and can be as simple as going out the back door. Love it!!

Archived