Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skytee 2 Slo-Mo Cable Mods

Skytee 2 Slo-Mo Cable Mods

I had recently bought a pair of the slo-mo cables, and while they were certainly useful, a couple of things irritated me about them. While the shorter of the two cables was the ideal length the long one was just too long and the knob never seemed to be in the right place. Also the cheap looking plastic knobs on the cables didn't go with the rest of the mount.

The cables are actually made from moulded plastic which made it easy to carry out the mods. I removed the standard plastic knob from the short cable. The end of the cable was hex shaped and too big to fit into the aluminium Skytee 2 knob. I used a sharp Stanley knife to shave down the cable end until it was a tight push fit into the knob. The cable end needed trimming slightly so that the knob would fit all the way onto it. Then simply tighten the grub screw in the knob and that was it.

The long cable was shortened to match the other cable. Then I cut a shallow groove around the cable with a fine saw to establish how far along the cable the shaft needed to be shaved down to match the other cable. Then it was just a matter to fit the knob as per the other cable.

So there you have it. A simple mod that works and looks better than the standard slo-mo cables.

John

Archived