Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Coast Astro - Planetary alignment

We are planning a very early start on the 15th May to view the pre-dawn planetary alignment. That will be the planets Jupiter, Mars, Mercury and Venus. Although Mercury and Mars are going to be a tough to see.

Aiming to be at Turf Hill for 4.30am, should be quite an amazing sight.....providing its clear. Or perhaps an earlier start to make the most of the moonless sky at that time.

PM me if interested in joining us.

The moon interferes with the early part of the evening plus i'm at a BBQ eating loads of food on the Saturday :)

Weather forecast isn't good at the moment, they are talking about an unsettled period now lasting into June. ;)

Annoyingly I'm not going to be able to make this - I got a call on friday to arrange a job interview on wednesday.. all two hours of it! So I have to prep Sun&Mon and get some proper sleep.

It would have been good timing as the mrs is doing a company-sponsored Moon Walk marathon in london (9pm-9am) :/

Archived