Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Leo Triplet - A Reprocess.

3ggman

So I posted an image of this about a month ago and since I have focused on other objects and not had a chance to add anymore data to this.

Original post.

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/136623-week-imaging-m101-leo-iris-nebula.html

However, as I always do, I went back and reprocessed this image a few times using various different methods to try and overcome noise. I now finally feel that I have reached a point with processing images that I am getting the best out of the data that I have available and find myself no longer using photoshop for anything other than work now.

I used a lot of masks while stretching the histogram and applying color in order to keep the background under control, (as per harrys latest tutorials :)) in the end I used very little noise reduction. I am quite happy with the result.

With the nights getting very short now and with starting a new job next week I don't think I will get anymore opportunities to get out again until the evenings get dark again so unfortunatly adding anything to this may have to wait a while.

Currently stands @ 36 x 300s @ISO 400

Comments and any criticisms always welcome.

Higher res version:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

post-19471-133877599151_thumb.jpg

Archived