Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

stupid idea No what are we up to now?

rowan46

Was thinking of getting an eq3 synscan for portable guided imaging. It looks like Nobody has got it to work guided though. looked again at the cg5gt and it seems that the published weight is wrong. looking on cloudy nights it seems that most people are looking at 12.5pounds without weights and tripod. thats a backpackable weight add in a c5 6lb a finder guider 1lb a couple of lx modded webcams and I have a potentially luggable system capable of being guided. all I need to do is make the tripod lighter and figure out my minimum counter weight requirement. I have some 1.5 inch legs if I could put collars on the top of them and used the alumimium spreader from my nexstar mount that would cut down the weight of the tripod significantly from 18lb to I'm guessing around 10lb maybe a little less. i will be using a very small scope camera config is there any reason why this idea would need to go in the bin along with the rest of the stupid ideas. was thinking of using focal reducers to get round the problems of the long focal ratio

Archived