Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

OK stupid question No 347

tonyh66

[quote name=tonyh66;1800492

I really should read up on this subject instead of asking daft questions. :dontknow:

Why...?

All questions usually get answers... some of the answers may be in the form of other questions... but hang on in there...

Were you thinking of using the Sony in your Sig?

Does it support video capture at all...?

Does it havea live view mode?

Canon DSLR's tend to have better 3rd party software support... and a free app has been developed that captures the Liveview video stream includign the zoomed in versions' date=' this can then be stacked in registrax...

For lunar and Planetary imagign high frame rates make a big difference as your basically "Lucky Imaging"...

Lucky imaging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where your looking to capture a still image (Frame) durign a period of steadier seeing... soemtimes part of the frame will be steady anbd other parts distorted .. and I guess thats where the stackign software coems into its own...

Most Hi framerate cameras are low res small chipped devices, webcams etc.. although the "industrial" cams like the Image Source, Point Grey Fleas etc give significantly higher uncompressed frames rates...

Billy...

Why...?

All questions usually get answers... some of the answers may be in the form of other questions... but hang on in there...

Were you thinking of using the Sony in your Sig?

Does it support video capture at all...?

Does it havea live view mode?

Canon DSLR's tend to have better 3rd party software support... and a free app has been developed that captures the Liveview video stream includign the zoomed in versions, this can then be stacked in registrax...

For lunar and Planetary imagign high frame rates make a big difference as your basically "Lucky Imaging"...

Lucky imaging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where your looking to capture a still image (Frame) durign a period of steadier seeing... soemtimes part of the frame will be steady anbd other parts distorted .. and I guess thats where the stackign software coems into its own...

Most Hi framerate cameras are low res small chipped devices, webcams etc.. although the "industrial" cams like the Image Source, Point Grey Fleas etc give significantly higher uncompressed frames rates...

Billy...

No im not planning on using the Sony, I was wondering whether using a DSLR would give better images than a webcam on say Saturn for example. And I wondered if anyone was doing it?

Archived