Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

looking at next upgrade dilemma..

not too dissimilar to another thread, but....

I have already talked to one or two about the next step up which, having now experienced top quality optics for myself, I had thought about the Orion Optics VX"L" 10" with 1/10wv mirror.

The reason not going any bigger is I don't really want to start thinking of changing my mount as well ( HEQ5 Pro), as this would then require further changes re the pier !

Yes I know it's on the limit but still within and given it'll be for visual/planetary/lunar imaging , it's not quite as critical as it would be if I was imaging DSO's

BUT breeze IS an issue. I've no obsy and it's not likely to happen, I have had a few ideas to help reduce the effects of the breeze but a 10" F6.3 Newt is gonna catch it !

So the other option is a SCT 11" F10:)

Same as before weight -wise and I know that Rik uses his C11 on an HEQ5 and we've all seen his results.

So peeps what dya think ?? any ideas??

Of course it would certainly mean having to part with the Intes 715D :D

Just want to get things straight so I can start to plan for it.

Just had a look at the vx and i could see it being a problem in windy/breezy conditions.

This was the main reason for me buying my omc140 deluxe, rather than a 200mm reflector, my dark site is on high ground and a large ota would be like a sail. Good luck in your choice

Archived