Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2 DSO's to add to my "Seen" list!

CamoCustom

Still with my cheap eyepieces, and the fast scope. Not to mention just average seeing conditions in a light polluted area! I saw my first 2 globular clusters! They really weren't much more than a ball of fuzz in the eyepiece, but I am for sure it was them! I saw M3 first, and then set my course for M92 and found Both withing a few minutes of searching! :D

Even though they are small faint blurry blotches, I am still intrigued! And will continue to add to my collection and hopefully some better views in the future! :)

Great stuff Camo, globulars are great to observe as you can increase the eyepiece power to help turn the misty blob into a brilliant patch of stars surrounding the packed core, my best view of one was on M13 using a 9mm Nagler and my 925 giving me 261x magnification.

its well worth a look :D

^^ Yes. I have a barlow 2x on order, and a 26mm meade4000 series plossl on the way. I am sure they are not TOP TOP quality, but judging from the EPs that came with the scope, they will be a huge improvement for sure. Next going to be looking for a 10mm plossl to accompany the barlow to get a good view of things!

Well done - I love Glob's, and was out taking some images on my nights off work, but globular clusters were my main targets for the S/T Refractor 120mm Skywatcher. You never said what size scope? My 200p shows Globs best, but the refractor is better for photography:

raygil-albums-contact-sheet-globular-clusters-picture10922-contactsheet-globs.jpg

Ray

Archived