TeleVue 12 and 13 Naglers; choice?

Hi,

So transformed by visiting optical expertise is Sir Isaac, our 20 inch Dob, that I feel he deserves a fairly high powered widefield EP to replace the 10 Radian. Can anyopne tell me what's what with the 12 and 13 Naglers seen on this page? Quite a price difference. Sir Isaac is F4.1, FL just over 2 metres.

TeleVue Nagler Eyepieces

Thanks in advance,

Olly

The 12mm is a Type 4 which has better eye relief than the 13mm Type 6's and a larger eye lens - some folk might find these features make the eyepiece more "friendly" to use.

Performance-wise they will be very similar - the 13mm T6 is a remarkably compact package for what it does.

With a T6 eye positioning is critical. I never really liked mine, too fussy. The T4 is completely different, really easy to use. I have the 22mm and 17mm and they are like looking through an open window - the 12mm is the same.

I would already have a 12mm T4 if I didn't own the excellent 13mm LVW.

Archived