Whizzy dot across the sky - what could it be?

jonathan

I occasionally see these heading South to North in a straight line, constant speed. I'm guessing they are an artificial satellite but what exactly? Saw one tonight at about 11pm just East of Polaris (to my eyes anyway). Can't really notice them without binoculars as they are quite faint, and I have only ever seen one per night.

I occasionally see these heading South to North in a straight line, constant speed. I'm guessing they are an artificial satellite but what exactly? Saw one tonight at about 11pm just East of Polaris (to my eyes anyway). Can't really notice them without binoculars as they are quite faint, and I have only ever seen one per night.

I caught 2 heading north - north/east in the past hour to hour an half...one was pretty quick, the other seemed considerably slower....I used to chat to someone who worked on the apollo mission, very knowledgeable guy on all space and satellite assets....I asked him why some appeared to travel north - north/east...he did give me an answer, but I can't actually remember what it was lol :)

Archived