Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I'm cursed!!

SoulFrenzy

I've heard it thrown around the forum before... But now I think the curse has claimed me as well. I am new to astronomy and I have had my new scope for less than a month and during this time we have had the craziest weather. The weather has yet to cooperate with me in the slightest. We have had tornadoes, hail, sever weather almost once a week. It will cloud up really bad so I will decide not to take my scope out only to clear up instantly after dusk or vice versa. Is this some cosmic hazing or initiation or what?

Me thinks you have made a secret purchase along with that scope and you're pretending it didn't happen!:) What you have to remember is that you are in good company here, we understnad the need too make secret purchases - or more importantly, how to get them in the house without the other half knowing!!:eek::D

For the weather to improve you'll need to confess your astro sins and the lord of Skywatcher and the goddess of Meade will forgive.

Hope you weather does improve so you can put that beast of yours to work!

James

Eh I guess I shouldn't complain to much. I havent personally been affected by all the storms. We are buckling down for a real nasty round coming through tonight into tomorrow. April is the worst weather month for us. Ive used my scope enough to see the rings of Saturn and Orion's Nebula. I cant wait for a good clear dark night to really get down to business.

It got really bad. Tornadoes have ripped through the state. The death toll is currently 200+ with close to a million homes and businesses with out power and whole towns are wiped out. I was just teasing about being cursed. Now I wished I had not even joked about it. It's truly a sad day.

Archived