iPhone Apps

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used Go Sky Watch Planetarium (free) last night and I think it's my favourite for navigating the constellations to find objects. It clearly shows Messier, NGC objects and constellation lines, has night mode, and searchable database.

it also has constellation artistic drawings which you can turn off (can get in the way). And you can hold it up for augmented reality mode.

Again, not as slickly presented or as smooth as Star Walk, but much more usable as a planisphere replacement and it's free!

This app is very similar to Star Chart, not free, but slightly smoother experience and easier controls.

One question, why pay for the premium version of Go Sky Watch? There are ads in the free version and the feature list looks the same. Odd

Boz

Hi

I use Starmap Pro, Star Seek Pro and Moon atlas on iPhone & iPad.

Star Seek has very good info on objects and is useful for planning an evenings viewing. I like the Optics view of Starmap and it's "Tonight" feature which quickly shows what's in the sky on any given day.

Clear Skies

Paul

Archived