NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

where did I go wrong ?

I processed the image at the address below from around 20 stills taken on 05/02/07 with a new Orion Solar System Imager II. It was on a Celestron 114short and the software used to take the images and process the image was the software supplied with the camera, MaximDL Essentials.

I have tried several times to make the image clearer without success. I have also been told that the image is very small. The camera was set a max resolution.

The focal length of the scope is F9.

Am I expecting too much from this set up, will the image size improve when the camera is on my 130slt?

Sorry to have so many points but i was my first go and am completey confused......... :?

cheers,

Gary

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/4960131

I would say they are not too bad :rolleyes: To image Saturn at a decent size I use a 3X Barlow lens as I have an F5 scope. You could use a X2 barlow and get pretty decent image scale. Also I use Registax and when stacking I resample to twice the size. You do seem to have a pretty good capture, be pleased with it and next time try a Barlow.

Thanks for that Blinky........ :lol:

I have been trying my new scope out tonight, 130SLT. The view through the eyepiece of Saturn is much bigger / brighter than I was used to with my 114eq short.

I am hoping that with this scope and, as you suggested, a barlow the image will be bigger next time. I have an Antares x2 barlow and a cheap celestron x3 barlow that came with my 114eq short. I'll give them both a try soon.

Thanks again.

Gary

Archived