Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Star trail video?

Hi everyone,

I am interested in taking a nice photo of my house with some star trails behind it.

The problem is that my camera (fujifilm s1600) can't take shots with an exposure time of more than 8 seconds.

Is it possible to take a video, then stack the images to produce the star trails?

Thanks in advance

8 second shots will be fine if you use the Startrails app... the camera might take auto darks whick means for every exposre the camera will take another the same length without opening the shutter add to this the processing time and the result is a dashed line instead of a continous star trail..

If you can turn of in camera noise reduction and instead take some "manual" dark frames then this should help a lot...

Startrails can be found here...

Startrails application

Just been checking the Manual for the S1600 nothing to change so I would try it with the lens cap on and see how much delay there is between shots with longer exposures...

Peter....

Thanks

i'll give it a go when the cloud disapears

It seems like the exposure is 8 seconds, then it says "processing" for about 9-10 seconds before the picture comes up.

does that suggest that it is taking its own dark frame?

Archived