Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

recentreing the reticle on a meade eyepiece.

Some while ago I read a piece about using an illuminated reticle eyepiece to centre stars for calibrating goto mounts. I then picked up a meade 9mm illuminated reticle eye piece for a couple of quid at a car boot sale. I was delighted till I discovered that it had movable cross hairs and I had bought the wrong one. Nethertheless I trawled the internet looking for a way to recentre it and drew a blank. It got put in a drawer and forgotten about. Today I found it and recentred it, it was so ridiculously easy I am ashamed that I didn't think of it before. So for any other new people who are nearly as dim as me here's how.

1 Turn reticle on

2 place on flat surface

3 Stand at arms length from eyepiece and look down

4 adjust till centre ring is showing

that's it as I said it's so easy everybody probably knows how to do it. I just thought I would pass it on to any new people as there's no literature on how to do it. apologies if there's a proper way to do it please feel free to correct me.

Good one Roan, but you could also have used your finder scope cross hairs in conjunction with the main scope, I think Meade`s 9mm illuminated, clever piece of kit, was to use to adjust onto a star for guiding, if it was slightly off in the field of view, if you paid a couple of quid for it, you are a very lucky man, these cost over £100 not so long back :)

John.

Good one Roan, but you could also have used your finder scope cross hairs in conjunction with the main scope, I think Meade`s 9mm illuminated, clever piece of kit, was to use to adjust onto a star for guiding, if it was slightly off in the field of view, if you paid a couple of quid for it, you are a very lucky man, these cost over £100 not so long back :)

John.

unfortunately I only have a red dot on my nexstar but even had I a finder scope I wouldn't have had the brains to think of that :eek:

Archived