Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Vixen R200SS

Nexus 6

This is my second thread on this scope, I bought both it and the Skywatcher 150p at the same time but have not yet managed to test it out. A few items need to be bought before I can use it.

I am now aware it a decent scope for imaging although I only wish to use it for visual astronomy.

Anyone care to advise on the replacements I need?

Focuser adapter is required for 1.25 ep's

A latitude adjustment bolt is missing

I did not get any manual for it but have downloaded from one from the net

some shots of all the kit I got with it

the eyepieces are as follows, Or 5mm, H12.5mm, Vk 20mm, they are all in the smaller .965" format I have the adapter for them but don't think I will be using it.

There is a strange looking rdf, looks like a pen, with it as well as the normal starfinder.

The last pic is of the latitude adjustment bolt I took from the front of the mount were the mount has a capital N on it, the hole were it needs a replacement is also shown does anyone know if the replacement I require is of the same size, length wise?

from what I have read on the net these are a very capable scope with high quality optics, hence the imaging option, as well as giving good dso and planetary views once a coma corrector is added.

Woo... 800mm fl and 200mm aperture.. drool.

If it's like the EQ then the front bolt goes in further usually. I'll ping the folks that make the replacement bolts for the EQ6 (because the originals are cheap and bend if forced).

Woo... 800mm fl and 200mm aperture.. drool.

If it's like the EQ then the front bolt goes in further usually. I'll ping the folks that make the replacement bolts for the EQ6 (because the originals are cheap and bend if forced).

thanks, your right about the cheap bolts that bend, have seen one or two posts on them in the past, did'nt note where they got the replacements though :)

Archived