NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My final M51 (for this year... I think)

AndyUK

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers again both...!

DISAPPOINTMENT - My low profile moonlite focuser needs a small extension tube to bring the 314L to focus - The only one I've got is too long :)... The first light report will have to wait I'm afraid.

However, taking darks is a breeze with setpoint cooling :eek: and even the in-built scheduler within Artemis Capture is REALLY intuitive...

Cheers again both...!

DISAPPOINTMENT - My low profile moonlite focuser needs a small extension tube to bring the 314L to focus - The only one I've got is too long :)... The first light report will have to wait I'm afraid.

However, taking darks is a breeze with setpoint cooling :eek: and even the in-built scheduler within Artemis Capture is REALLY intuitive...

No worries Andy, as Nadeem says, an extension tube oughta sort that problem out.

Anyway, how cold does the CCD go? Is it nicely cold to the touch?

M

Cheers Nadeem - I know it's nothing much, but tonight would have been almost perfect. I had in mind to have another crack at IC 1396 with the Ha filter.... Ho hum - Maybe next week...

Hi Mike - Although set to 0C, the camera must be pretty well insulated as it's doesn't conduct the temperatute at all... even the air from the fan is only slightly cool, and it seems to stay put at 0C for as long as you want - Not bad when ambient was 22.4C in the house at the time I started taking the darks about 6pm, and it took less than 90s to got from 22C to 0C. Very impressive...

Archived