Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.



Acquired in June 2015 whilst setting up my new obs. At the time, I couldn't figure out how to process the image, so the data had been been waiting for my PS skills to improve. In Dec 2015 I decided to have another attempt, however, this time I decided to try processing the star layer separately from the nebula. I also decided to change from using Maxim DL for the calibration and stacking to CCDstack2+, mainly because I've been impressed by the data rejection results of CCD stack. I also decided to separately stack the RGB channels from my OSC to see if this would improve matters. LIGHTS: 27 x 300s; DARKS: 30; BIAS: 100; FLATS: 40 all at -20C.

From the album:

Deep Sky

  • 21 images
  • 8 image comments

Photo Information for M27

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.