Following my previous attempt at M31, I decided to see if I could improve the final quality by increasing the total exposure time to c7hours. I also decided to use the free software program eXcalibrator to colour calibrate my OSC, this is because I've always struggled to get the correct colour balance in post processing. Finally, I stacked the RGB channels separately using CCDstack2+, to give more accurate data rejection. The image was post processed in MaximDL (DDP), CCDstack2+ (Deconvolution) and PS CC. LIGHTS: 42 x 300s + 23 x 600s, DARKS: 30; BIAS: 100; FLATS: 40. The image was acquired between Sept 15 and Jan 16 with a Trius SX-26C and ED80.