Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Panasonic Lumix G1 connection to sky watcher??

I have got myself a Panasonic Lumix G1 Camera and want to connect it to my sky watcher 200p 2inch lens hole. Does any one out there have this camera as I need to know what adapter to get. The sky watcher explorer 200p says its got an SLR direct attachment but it doesn't connect totally confused any help appreciated. This will be my first attempts at imaging with an SLR camera and I am mad keen to get the adapter and get started.:)

i also am having a problem with conneting my camera to my 200p. i own a lumix G10 , which is also a micro 4/3 , the same as the lumix G1 , i belive.

so i cant help you but i will be keeping a eye out on your thread for the answer, cus i have no idea what sort of abapator to get as well.

Thanks Grumpy lets hope someone out there has an answer. I think the camera can be connected with a SLR adapter to the telescope but not sure what one will fit it and some have said the adapters dont allow them to focus correctly so we have to be careful what we decide to get. Any one able to throw some light on this one for us please?

Found the answer for the camera connection this chap called Marc from the starry nigHi Mark

I'm glad that my blog gave you some valuable info. Unfortunately i've not been able to add alot of content lately.

I got the adapter from DIGITAL CAMERA ADAPTERS FOR TELESCOPES - Largest Selection!. At the time they did not have an adapter that directly fit the G1, but now they do have one.

It is called "Micro 4/3 Prime Focus Kit" and is listed under the 1.25" SLR/DSLR Kits Menu item on the left side of the page.

It even says: "fits panasonic G1" in the text, so i'm pretty sure that it's the correct one for you

The guy who runs the site (Rober) ist very helpful if you should have any further questions.

ht forums has the same camera and sent me this email..

Also got this reply from the supplyer..Hi Mark,

The kit recommended is strictly a 1.25” setup.

I don’t currently make a 2” TRUE-2 prime focus adapter for this camera as vignetting really shouldn’t be an issue. However if you want a custom part I can do that. There isn’t even an extra charge, it just takes about a week extra before it ships.

If interested just order the Canon EOS Version with undercut (not available without undercut) and put a note in the comment box.. “I want a Custom MICRO 4/3 Version”. After placing an order just send me an email to make sure I catch the order and convert it to the part you want.

Please note it will take about an extra week to ship and it will not be returnable since it is a custom part. No coupon codes are valid on custom parts.

Robert

DIGITAL CAMERA ADAPTERS FOR TELESCOPES - Largest Selection!

Hope that helps you out bit of a job tracking that one down but now we have the answer..

This is the one you need from the site DIGITAL CAMERA ADAPTERS FOR TELESCOPES - Largest Selection!

Micro 4/3 Deluxe AP Kit

(Fits Panasonic Lumix G1/G2/GH1, Olympus PEN, etc)

DM43

$74.95

That took some searching out but if any one else out there has got a Panasonic Lumix G1 camera this is the fitting you need.

Hope that helps..

Ok I have received the above adaptor from Kiwifotos, see the link above. It works brilliantly fits perfectly and only costs 9.99 so very pleased. When I got it I took my Lumix G1 lens off and popped it on, perfect fit.

I have the sky watcher 200p and the fitting that comes with it including the 2x barlow, all fit the adapter with out any problems. The adaptor fits on to your camera first then you can screw into it the supplyed 2xbarlow that comes with the sky watcher 200p or, you can unscrew the barrel of the 1.5 inch section on the eye piece holder and the adapter will then screw into the 2inch section of the eye piece holder so you can attach the camera and the adapter to the 2inch or use the barlow lens.

So if you own a Panasonic Lumix G1 camera and want an adapter to use with your telescope this is the one to go for it is well made, works perfectly, and only costs £9.99 from Amazon.

Heres a photo for you of the adapter.

41nwqCX3%2B5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Archived