Welcome to Stargazers Lounge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Annie's Astro Actions (action for PS)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Big Dipper

Big Dipper

Nebula

• Members
  • 61 posts
Posted Image
Annie's Astro Actions

Having got an image from last week which I'm still not happy with my processing on, I've been looking at various forums, websites & other Google links to see if there is a way of removing all of the stars from my stack whilst leaving the nebula & background sharply in tact for further processing (so as to avoid damaging the star images).
I was therefore looking to see if there was a simple way of getting a 'starless' image to work on as a separate layer (it seems to me that I will need to lasso the nebula, invert the selection & then apply the likes of a median filter until the stars disappear) - hence how I stumbled across this new set of Astro Actions for Photoshop.

Anyway I've just paid £9.35 GBP for a set and had a quick go with the star removal tool which seems to work fine. No doubt there is a large overlap with Noel's excellent tools (which I already have) - but as I'd never heard of this new set of actions, I thought the link may be of interest to others here. ;)
Andy

Keep Looking Up! Posted Image

sgazer

sgazer

Proto Star

• Advanced Members
  • 983 posts
thanks for the link, just waiting for my password to come through......and I got it for £9.28....who says Britain is not flying out of recession!!

Psychobilly

Psychobilly

Neutron Star

• Global Mods
  • 30,027 posts
  • Location: Blue Green Planet , Orbiting a G2V Star, The Orion Spur, Milky Way.... Some Like To Call Home.. :)
Interesting thanks for the link Andy... ;)

Peter...

We choose to image with DSLR’s. We choose to image with DSLR’s in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

Canon 5D Mk III , 7D MkII , 7D, EOS M , 1000D (Baader BCF), 350D (Full Spectrum)  and some Nice Glass from 10 to 600mm ....  Nikon D200 & D50 

Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

Global Moderator

• Global Mods
  • 1,404 posts
Nice find!!!

Ill try these when I get home tonight

Cheers Jon
C8-SCT, HEQ5 pro, WO72, SX M 26C ,DFK21, DSI-C, Hyperstar V3, Borg 77 f4.3, C11 Edge HD, EQ6, PST, all in a nice ROR Observatory
A member of the AA ;)
follow me @fordprefect1973

http://www.jons-astro-images.com/

adamsp123

adamsp123

White Dwarf

• Advanced Members
  • 3,048 posts
I have had them for a while now, some nice routines at a small cost, well worth it IMO
Pete

190 SW MAK NEWT: SW 120ED PRO : Vixen Sphinx and Atlux mounts
Atik 383L+ Wheel, Canon 1000D modded, QHY5v, SW FF

ollypenrice

ollypenrice

Supernova

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21,067 posts
But if You have Noel, why not just 'select brighter stars', expand, feather and then select inverse to work on the background?
Olly

Run Les Granges Astronomy Holidays, teach and learn imaging, SE France.  TEC140 apo on Avalon Liner FR. 2xTakahashi FSQ106 tandem on Mesu mount 200.  TeleVue Pronto, ZS66, 6 inch achro. Other mounts, Takahashi EM200, 2 x EQ6. TeleVue Gibraltar and TelePod. CCD; 2xAtik11000 full frame, SXVH36, Atik 320E, Lodestar, DMK21. Leica bins. This kit is co-owned owned with Tom O'Donoghue and Yves Van den Broek. Host 4 scope robotic shed. www.sunstarfrance.com

Isn't it great that amateurs can get so close to the universe?

Big Dipper

Big Dipper

Nebula

• Members
  • 61 posts

But if You have Noel, why not just 'select brighter stars', expand, feather and then select inverse to work on the background?
Olly

Easy answer - because I wasn't aware of that procedure. I still think that the package includes enough features to easily justify the cost - but obviously that's a matter of personal judgement. Also future updates are apparently free of charge, too.
Andy

Keep Looking Up! Posted Image

michaelmorris

michaelmorris

Brown Dwarf

• Moderators
  • 2,677 posts
I've just ordered them.
As with Peter's and Noel's actions, there is some duplication, but there's enough that's different to keep a numpty like me happy.

Michael Morris

8" LX200 Classic with piggy-backed Orion 80ED and Revelation 66mm Apo

HEQ5 Pro (portable mount for Orion 80ED and Revelation 66mm Apo)

Roll-off roof observatory http://www.almiraobservatory.co.uk

Co-author of NightCal Observation Planning Calendar Software http://www.nightcal.co.uk

Member of Worcester Astronomical Society http://www.worcesteras.freeserve.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users