Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Weird timer graphic on my Sharpcap Video

cuivenion

2jee9zo.jpg

This is a single frame from a moon avi. The whole video is like this. Anyone have any idea why this is happening? I'm using the latest version of Sharpcap with a Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000. I'm using a usb 2.0 port  on a HP I3 laptop with 4gb of RAM running Windows 7. The graphic seems to be acting as a timer although I can't read the characters. It only happens with the Quickcam . My PS3 Eye cam doesn't do this.

I'll give this a bump because I put this up at an odd hour. This only happens in Sharpcap not Firecapture, but in Firecapture I have problems as well, I can't select the video mode or the FPS. Sharpcap is also crashing sometimes when I try to change the video mode.

Hi,

there is a (fairly new) control in SharpCap that adds a timestamp to each frame and it looks like a) you've got it turned on and B) it isn't working correctly. Have a look in the controls on the right hand side and turn off the 'Timestamp Frames' option. It should be off by default, so not quite sure how it got turned on, or why it's such a mess!!

cheers,

Robin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

what version of SharpCap are you using? I can't see how it would add the timestamp without being told to  - the code looks correct, and I can't get the issue to happen here (the closest camera I have is the Logitech Fusion, but that works...)

Just to confirm - the issue only appears in the saved AVI, not the preview, yes?

cheers,

Robin

Hi, yes it's just the saved avi's, not the previews. I've made sure that I'm using the latest version of Sharpcap. I've seen the fault on two different Laptops, same OS (W7 Home Premium 64 Bit) and same version of Sharpcap.

Thanks for looking into it. :smiley:

Hi,

please have a go with build 2.6.1850, which you'll find on the SharpCap download page. I have made some changes that should close off (I hope) the possibility of the timestamp being added without being requested.

cheers,

Robin

Aaarghhh.... I don't understand how it can still be doing that!

Please can you send me the SharpCap log from a session where you do a capture and the problem appears. Just maybe that will help me figure out how it is bypassing all the checks on whether to insert the timestamp and doing it anyway.

cheers,

Robin

• 2 weeks later...

Archived