SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pixel scale computation for camera and lens?

So, as I'm delving into wide field with DSLR and medium format lens, how does one come up with a pixel scale? Usualy one would divide the focal length of the scope in inches into the product of the focal of the scope in mm times the pixel size. FL =300 pixel size= 4.78

• 3 weeks later...

Upload your image to Astrometry.net

In a few minutes it will give you a "Solved" image with

Accurate Field of View and Pixel Scale.

It's really amazing to get all this info with just 2 clicks!

Love NASA n Nova!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upload your image to Astrometry.net

In a few minutes it will give you a "Solved" image with

Accurate Field of View and Pixel Scale.

It's really amazing to get all this info with just 2 clicks!

Love NASA n Nova!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In this case, the reason I'm asking is because I haven't purchased the lens yet.

Medium format lenses afaik can have much more gear friendly back focus it was something i spent a brief moment of though to attach to my qsi.

It seems that although the lens itself does indeed have, the adapter eats that up, with nothing to spare. The adapter has to be designed to match the focal plane of the DSLR. I'll have to get an ADM dual dovetail gadget , buy a small guide scope to guide it.

I like the idea of carving the heart out of that huge image circle. Pentax makes wonderful glass.

Update: I just picked up a Pentax 6x7 200mm f/4, the later model with the internal focus. Should be here in a couple weeks from S.Korea.

Archived