Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A result

baggywrinkle

In February I moved into a house up in NW Norfolk. The only downside was a single street lamp outside but on the corner of the south facing garden.

I wrote earlier this month to the Parish Coucil and I went to the PC meeting past night. They have agreed to put a shade on it.

Congrats, it makes such a difference.If you engage the council's then they should respond in kind.When I contacted our council, after they came out I had permission to hammerite the rear shade. Else our garden would have a lovely orange glow.

In my letter I explained that I was an amatuer astronomer and that one of the attractions of North West Norfolk was the darker skies and that I was increasingly taking a greater interest in astrophotography and that the lamp interefered and caused problems.

I went to the PC meeting as I thought it politic to do so as I was making the request. They gave me a chance to speak and further explain, I believe this helped too.

Archived