Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher firmware V3.37 impression

YKSE

I've been using the new firmware for over a month now, with quite a lot aligments for short session views, the general impression is that alignment is clearly better than V3.35( which I've used in two years), i.e. more stable progressive align precision improvement after each "two star then polar align", and I've managed to do a threee star alignment with around 10' errors both in DEC and RA for the first time.

There seems to be an issue with the time setting in V3.37, the summer time change is NOT reflected in time setting (it worked in V3.35 very well), consequently the mount does the meridian flip much too early. My own workaround is to set the time one hour backwards(keeping the +1 time zaone setting).

I also have to set the time 1 hour backwards, i don't remember which version i'm using, but it's the one that came with the EQ8. If i rememer correctly i had to set time 2 hours backwards in the winter.

Earlier tonight i tried to align and it slewed to the first star nicely, but for the 2nd it slewed totally wrong. I made 2 tries with the same result and then used it for visual without aligning.

I double checked and there was no error from my side.

I tried 2 times with 2 star alignment with different stars, first star was found without problems, but 2nd it slewed in the totally wrong direction...it even pointed the scope into the ground one time.

3rd time i tried i just used it without alignining and it worked perfectly for around 10 targets.

The problem with having to offset the clock is something i've always had to to with my handset.

A firmware update should fix it, but won't be a problem soon anyway since a new mount should be on it's way soon.

Archived