Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ST80 Veil Nebula

Rudeviewer

Here is a short veil nebula on the st80.  Quickly processed in PI and sized in photoshop.

21 x 2:00 min 1600ISO unguided no calib files

attachicon.gifVeilpixdbesat1st.png

Hi,

I played a bit with your image and removed the halos of the ST80, removed the green cast, enhanced the red and reduced the stars. Now you have an ST 80 APO. Hope you don't mind.

Nice image for such short integration time.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-25060900-1414363975.png

No I do not mind at all....Wow, if you don't mind me asking, how did you remove halos, and such? 

The lazy way is to use Noel Carboni's actions. The other way is to use dust and scratches to pick out the stars, smooth, feather and use any tool to do with colour to remove the blue. The rest was done by layer masking , and then using the selective colour tool to mess about with the red and blue. There is also a tool called HLVG that removes the green cast, you can google and download it for free. With about 25 or 30 more subs you will have a very clean image and a better S/N ratio will allow you to stretch the data a bit further.

Regards,

A.G

Archived