Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

BackYardEOS and histograms

Hi guys am imaging at the mo using BYE (actually now!) and am experimenting with the Astronomik CLS Filter in my DSLR.

Which of these two histograms do you think is best? With or without filter? First is without.

tuvyjapu.jpgveduguma.jpg

It does cut out the light pollution but seems to clip the red off the left of the histogram should this concern me?!

Have your camera astro modded, these CLS filters were designed for modded cameras, they will restore the colour balance to,almost perfect with a modded camera, unmodded and it will always give you a blue, green hue across the image, which is quite hard to process out.

With the CLS filter fitted in a modded camera, you can take a daytime picture and the colour is almost perfectly as the eyes see it, trust me I have been there.

AStronomik designed these filters to be used on modded canon cameras, it sates this on there website.

Hope that helps

MM

the cls ccd filter will suit a modded canon best, the ccd version having ir cut which sounds crazy as when you mod the canons the ir filter is usually removed but you still need a certain amount of ir cut otherwise your image will show star blot to some degree, just the cls vervion, not cls ccd is best for none modded canon cameras as it doesn`t have a ir filter in the filter coatings, yes it can give alittle blue tinge to the image but i find that longer exposures and good processing helps to rid it, i found it wasn`t that bad, and to be honest alot of LPR filters can give the image a blueish tint.

if you do want to use the cls version for a modded camera simply add a cheap 2" ir filter to the adapter and it`ll do exactly the same result as the cls ccd version

Have your camera astro modded, these CLS filters were designed for modded cameras, they will restore the colour balance to,almost perfect with a modded camera, unmodded and it will always give you a blue, green hue across the image, which is quite hard to process out.

With the CLS filter fitted in a modded camera, you can take a daytime picture and the colour is almost perfectly as the eyes see it, trust me I have been there.

AStronomik designed these filters to be used on modded canon cameras, it sates this on there website.

Hope that helps

MM

Very many thanks MM - now to find someone to mod my camera :-)

I have compared the CLS CCD with my Hutech and the Hutech passes all colours equally the

CLS under exposes red and over exposes blue.

I looked at various exposure lengths and sky conditions, they all come out the same.

the cls ccd filter will suit a modded canon best, the ccd version having ir cut which sounds crazy as when you mod the canons the ir filter is usually removed but you still need a certain amount of ir cut otherwise your image will show star blot to some degree, just the cls vervion, not cls ccd is best for none modded canon cameras as it doesn`t have a ir filter in the filter coatings, yes it can give alittle blue tinge to the image but i find that longer exposures and good processing helps to rid it, i found it wasn`t that bad, and to be honest alot of LPR filters can give the image a blueish tint.

if you do want to use the cls version for a modded camera simply add a cheap 2" ir filter to the adapter and it`ll do exactly the same result as the cls ccd version

Only one of the two filters is normally removed, the one that is left has very good IR cut and so CLS CCD clip filter is not needed, only normal CLS filter, (no IR cut) which is cheaper too, unless you have a full spectrum mod where both filters are removed, then you would need the version with IR cut.

MM

I have compared the CLS CCD with my Hutech and the Hutech passes all colours equally the

CLS under exposes red and over exposes blue.

I looked at various exposure lengths and sky conditions, they all come out the same.

On an unmodded or modded camera?

MM

60Da........is it classed as modded?

Straight answer.....NO, but it is better than un modded, for the price I would buy a canon camera maybe 1000D, 1100D or something like that for around the £150 to £200 mark for body only, and pay the £85 to have it astro modified, it's a no brainer really, rather than pay £650 plus for the 60Da, which really has a sharper cut off IR cut filter, so allows a bit more Ha light through, but absolutely no substitute for a proper astro modified camera.

MM

No I don't,

But I have emailed him a few times, sometimes he gives prompt reply, other times have had to wait, so a bit hit and miss I think, but I am sure he will get back to you, I think he charges £85 for the standard mod, and that included return special delivery, I had mine done at Astronomiser and he charged me £150, so won't be using him again, wish I had seen this guy first!!

I have heard a lot of comments about this guy and seems very very good.

Regards

MM

Here is his direct email for you I managed to find it amongst my 1056 emails still in inbox.

juan_fierros@yahoo.co.uk

Regards

MM

Archived