Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is there such a thing as this adaptor/filter holder?

Hi to everyone from a newbie :-)

I have a Skywatcher 150P with the 2"/1.25" focusser (not the Crayford, alas) and various bits and bobs. The 1.25" EP adaptor unscrews into two parts (see picture one) revealing a thread for the T2 camera mount. I use this adaptor all the time in either of its configurations. I also have a 2" extension tube of about 45mm in length (see picture two) which I never use, but it appears to have an internal thread at the focusser end to allow what I assume to be 2" filters. The 1.25" adaptor does not have this internal thread.

What I want to do is this: buy 2" filters as and when I need them and fit them into a 1.25" adaptor, for 2 reasons. Firstly if I upgrade to 2" EPs then I'm not buying a box full of 1.25" filters again, and secondly I can fit 2" filters directly to my camera lenses if I decide to fix the DSLR on the EQ mount instead of the scope. However, I can't simply use the 2" extension because this pushes the focus point of the camera's sensor way too far back.

So I need something that looks like picture one that allows 1.25" EPs to be used and has a T2 thread, but with the internal thread of picture two in the mounting flange. Does such a thing exist...?

In anticipation - John

post-35766-0-80295100-1394634058_thumb.j

post-35766-0-24974700-1394634071_thumb.j

Ah, I sort of see what you mean, bingevader. Will this work, I wonder:

The FLO 2" T-mount has an internal thread for 2" filters, and has a T2 thread so that I can attach my T2 ring to mount the camera on for prime focus imaging. Then I would need a female T2 threaded 1.25" EP holder, which I could then simply screw onto the above 2" T-mount male thread so I could then use my 1.25" EPs, Barlows etc on? That way I could keep the 2" T-mount in the focuser (with whatever filter is attached to it) and simply either attach my camera OR the EP holder to the thread?

Bogdog, I already have the 2xBarlow with the T2 thread though I'm not sure how this can help me? I'd already discovered I could take it apart but I still don't have anything that I can attach a 2" filter to and then use with any kind of 1.25" EP or Barlow. Unfortunately I don't have the PDS version of the scope so a focus extender won't work.

Regards - John

No, I thought of something like this, which will screw onto the FLO 2" T-mount. Then I can keep a filter screwed into the T-mount and either screw the DSLR directly to it, or screw this to it to use the eyepieces...?

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p209_Reduzierung-von-T2-auf-1-25----aufgesetztes-T2-Gewinde---kurz.html

Archived